MISSISSIPPI BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
SALVAGE INSPECTION: COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOL
Effective May 2020
The Mississippi Department of Public Safety continues to assist in containing the spread of COVID-19 while carrying out the agency’s mission of service while ensuring the safety of the public. As a result, the following safety protocols shall be employed by MBI Salvage Inspection until further notice:
- MBI Agents will schedule each appointment for thirty (30) minute intervals so only one customer is being served at a time.
- MBI Agents shall wear protective gear prior to maintaining contact with the customer.
- Customers shall always remain in their vehicles.
- Each customer will be required to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth. If a customer does not have a mask, an MBI Agent shall provide the customer with a mask.
- MBI Agents are responsible for maintaining a supply of hand sanitizer and protective gear.
- Upon the MBI Agent receiving the Salvage Inspection paperwork, the Agent will decontaminate the paperwork prior to entering the building.
- Upon the MBI Agent physically inspecting the vehicle, the customer will turn the ignition off in order for the agent to observe the air bag sensor.
- Each MBI Agent must wash hands promptly for twenty (20) seconds after coming in contact with a customer.