Strategies for Best Possible Outcomes
Who Should Attend?
Sworn Personnel, Correctional Officers, Dispatchers,
Trainers, Supervisors, Investigators
Date: November 14, 2023
Time: 8AM - 5PM
3791 Hwy. 468 W
Pearl, MS 39208
Cost: $179 (for group pricing see below link
De-escalation – the word that is perhaps thrown around the most when discussing law enforcement-related topics. Yet, it also is perhaps the most misunderstood and misappropriated word when addressing these topics as well.
What is de-escalation?
How should it be trained?
Is it the "cure all" many make it out to be?
This course addresses these questions and many more. Based on empirical research, the course will
define de-escalation, address its limitations, provide strategies that give the best possible chance for
a desirable outcome, and tactics to increase officer safety.
- The Truths of De-Escalation
- Emotional Intelligence: You Cannot Help Someone in Crisis if You Are in Crisis Yourself
- Dealing With Persons in Crisis: A Law Enforcement Dilemma
- Response Tactics for Best Possible Outcomes
- Principles of “Sticky Learning